Save money, have fun and maximize nutrition by picking your own berries during our annual U-pick Season
The 2020 U-pick season starts on Tuesday, July 28th with a few changes from previous years due to Covid-19.
We will not be utilizing re-usable totes for U-pick — we have lined, cardboard boxes for purchase ($1.50) or you may bring your own containers.
Credit cards are accepted in the patch this year on purchases over $25. Smaller totals are subject to a $3 surcharge.
Twin Creek’s U-pick blueberries are available at slightly different times each year, weather-depending, usually beginning in late July and throughout the month of August.
And, only $2.25 per pound! Some people spend a few minutes and pick enough for a snack, some people take the whole day, haul out 80# and spend the next several days freezing and packing them for the Winter.
While a day in The Patch can be a wonderful and unforgettable experience, all that work might not appeal to you. If not, come on up to the Berry Building, back towards the highway and down the Southern fork — we’ve got plenty of frozen fruit already perfectly frozen, sorted to perfection and packaged for $4.00 per pound.
- Do NOT remove green harvest totes from The Patch
- No Dogs
- Children must be supervised at all times
- Please be considerate of your fellow pickers
- No running
- All U-Pick berries MUST be paid for BEFORE leaving The Patch
- All pickers MUST wash their hands before entering The Patch
- All persons over the age of 5 must wear a protective facial covering anytime they are within 6 feet of anyone outside of their group – children under 5 must be supervised
- Please pick in the area assigned to your group
Thank you for your help keeping The Patch a fun and safe space for everyone!
Tips for the Patch
- Sunscreen is helpful, since it’s almost always sunny this time of year and cool temps keep you from noticing the beginnings of a burn
- Bring small buckets to pick your berries into so so the bottom layer isn’t crushed
- Try to pick only fully blue fruit; leave the sour, pink and green berries to ripen
- Bring plenty of liquids, and stay hydrated
- Uneven, bumpy ground! Be VERY careful of the drainage ditches that go down the middle of each row
- Please observe the 10mph speed limit on the Ranch Road to help keep the dust down
We look forward to seeing you in The Patch this year!