Makes 4 servings
- Spice blend (see task #1 below)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 salmon filets (8 oz), skinless
- 4 pita breads
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 1/3c cilantro, chopped
- 1/4c red onion, diced
- 1 Tbs jalapeno, minced
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 3 Tbs lime juice
- 2 Tbs olive oil (divided)
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed (substitute with arugula or the leafy green of your choice)
- In a small bowl, combine 1 tsp each of ground corriander, ground cumin, fennel seed, ground cardamom and mustard seed. Add 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper to make the Spice Blend.
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high
- Sprinkle 4 tsp of Spice Blend and the all the garlic on both sides of salmon. Grill the salmon until just opaque in center, about 4 minutes per side.
- With two forks, flake the salmon into a bowl.
- Grill the pitas until toasted, about 30 seconds per side and set one per plate.
- In a medium bowl, toss the blueberries, avocado, cilantro, onion, jalepeno, lime zest and one tsp of the remaining spice blend. Add lime juice and oil. Toss until well-mixed and coated.
- Top pitas with watercress, salmon and blueberry salsa.
as adapted from www.oregonblueberry.com